HALTER MARE NOMINATIONS
- Any purebred Arabian mare in foal to a nominated Medallion stallion is eligible to be nominated.
- The mare must be a purebred Arabian horse registered with the Arabian Horse Association or the Canadian Arabian Horse Registry.
- There is no limit to the number of mares that can be nominated each year.
- To complete mare nomination, the MAHB, Inc. Mare Nomination form must be completed and mailed, with payment for $125, to the Treasurer of MAHB, Inc. prior to December 31st, of the year the mare was bred. Nominations MUST be postmarked December 31st or earlier. Delivery services (such as UPS or Fed Ex) are acceptable provided there is a date sent of no later than December 31st. Metered mail received after December 31st will not be accepted.
- In the event a nominated mare does not produce a live foal, the nomination fee can be rolled forward to the next breeding season. A signed statement indicating the names and AHA number of the original mare nominated and the stallion she was bred to must accompany the new Nomination form.
- If a party, who purchases an MAHB, Inc. Stallion Service Auction breeding, breeds, has mare checked in foal, and properly nominates a mare to both the Auction and Medallion Stallion futurities, and the said mare does not produce a live foal, and mare or substitute mare is rebred to the same stallion in the breeding season immediately following the original breeding and the stallion has NOT been renominated as a Medallion Stallion, MAHB will allow the party who purchased the Auction breeding to nominate one mare to the Medallion Stallion program, even though the stallion is not a Medallion Stallion. A signed veterinarian’s statement that the nominated mare did not produce a live foal must accompany the mare nomination form.
- If a party, who purchases an Auction breeding, tries to breed a mare, but after documented effort the mare doesn’t get in foal, and there is no mare nomination to the Auction futurity for stallion whose service was purchased and said stallion is NOT renominated the year immediately following the attempted breeding, the purchaser of the Auction breeding will be allowed to nominate one mare to the Medallion Stallion Futurity program bred to that stallion, even though he is not a Medallion Stallion for that year. A completed Mare Nomination form and $125 nomination fee must be sent to the MAHB Treasurer.
PERFORMANCE RULES & NOMINATIONS
- Any foal whose dam was properly nominated to the Medallion Stallion Futurity is eligible to compete in all performance divisions without additional nomination or fee.
- Any Auction Futurity foal born prior to 1988, that was not nominated as a Medallion Stallion Futurity foal, is eligible to compete in all performance divisions without additional nomination or fee.
- Any foal that was sired by a Medallion Stallion(current or in year bred), can be nominated to the Medallion Stallion Performance Division for $500. (1) Nominations are for performance classes only – no horse, despite its age when nominated, will be accepted for nomination to any halter class. (2) Nomination Fee: $500. (3) Nomination open to horses of all ages. (4) Horse must be offspring of Medallion Stallion in year bred or current Medallion Stallion. After a stallion leaves the Medallion Program, the foals resulting from his last year of nomination are the last foals eligible for nomination.
- To complete nomination, an MAHB, Inc. Performance Nomination form must be completed and sent with a copy of the horse’s AHA Registration Certificate and the appropriate fee to the MAHB Treasurer.
MAHB REGISTRATION RULES & PROCEDURES
- Any foal resulting from a breeding of a nominated Medallion Stallion and a nominated mare is automatically registered with MAHB, Inc. Acknowledgement of receipt of mare nomination by MAHB, Inc. will serve as proper documentation.
- Any horse properly nominated to the MAHB, Inc. Performance Division is automatically registered with MAHB, Inc.
- Any horse entered to show at the Fall Festival must be registered with MAHB, Inc. as evidenced by a copy of his MAHB Registration Receipt to be enclosed with show entries.